MR9000 Model Linksys Router
Router Model Login MR9000
First off congratulations on buying a Linksys MR9000 router. It is a powerful and efficient way to install Wi-Fi into your location. Make sure to check the name and model name of your router. If it is indeed Linksys MR9000 then you have come to the right place. If it is not, check again and go to the login page of your respective router.
Now that you have a new router, the first thing you should do is enter the administrative panel of your Linksys MR9000 to set up and configure your network. Access to the router admin panel will allow you to configure settings, change passwords, tighten or loosen security measures, undergo further modifications like child-proof settings, etc. In other words, you gain full access to your router functions, unlocking its full potential while also allowing you to experience a smoother, more secure net surfing experience.
In order to get started with your router administration, you would first need to log into your account panel. The router admin aims to allow the user full access to all its inner works. So, in order to enjoy your router to its fullest extent, you must first log into the gateway page. To do so, all you have to do is to follow the instructions given below:
- The first step after obtaining your new Linksys MR9000 router would be to hook it up to a mother device. A mother device is nothing but the first device that is connected to your router network. A mother device has almost full access to the network functions and settings of your router. It can be any device like your personal computer, laptop, tablet or even a smart phone. You need to connect this mother device to your Linksys router. This can be done in two ways, either wirelessly or through wired connection. You can attempt a wireless connection simply by turning on the Wi-Fi option on your device and connecting it with your router. In order to have a wired connection, you would need an Ethernet cable with its one end connected to the router and its other end connected to the mother device. For all future references, we should have you know that it is always preferable to have a wired ethernet connection with the mother device as it ensures that the connection is proper and does not vary or cause any problems during the setup and login procedure.
- After you have successfully connected your router to a mother device, your next step would be to enter the gateway IP. To do so, you, must first open your default web browser (it can be anything like Chrome, Firefox, Explorer, Safari, Opera, etc.) and go to its address search box in the top. Here, you would need to enter your router's default login IP Address, which is 192.168.1.1. You can also find your IP Address the surface of your router or the package it came in. A quick google search specifying your router's brand and model name will also yield you the same answers. After you have successfully entered your router's gateway IP, press enter.
- Provided that the IP u have provided is correct, you will enter the default login page. Here, you will be asked your SSID or username, and password. The default username and password are usually something along the lines of "admin", "password", "root", etc. Check the backside of your router or the packaging it came in to find the default username and password of Linksys MR9000 router. If you are still are facing any problems, a quick google search will do the trick. If the username and password you have entered are correct, you will gain access to your administrative panel.
MR9000 Default IP Address
After gaining access your gateway page, the first thing we would prefer you to do is to change the login password. Since the default login username and password can be found out by anyone knowing your router model, it is essential to change it as soon as you log in into something personalized and difficult to crack, along with upper case letters and special characters. Doing this will ensure that your router network is safe and secure from prying eyes.
In case you find any difficulties during or after this login procedure, like for instance you have forgotten your login username or password, or external hacking has rendered your router should follow the steps provided in the troubleshoot section given below which bis aimed at your assistance.
MR9000 Default Logins
In case a scenario arises where you are having difficulties during the login procedure, follow the steps given below where we discuss in details the specific causes and problems which are very common in users using these types of routers.
- If you do not remember your username and/or password, you can attempt to undergo process of recovering it. All you have to do is select forgot password option which will have you answer a few security questions. On getting the questions correct, you will have to provide them with your router manufacture number. Then, you will be able to view the username and password on your device.
- In case you are unable to answer all the security answers correctly, or in dire situations where an outside source has forcefully entered your admin page and changed your login username and password, you would need to attempt a factory reset. Locate the reset button on your Linksys MR9000, usually, it is located inside a hole to prevent others from pressing it involuntarily. Use a pin or any sharp object to hold down the button for about 10 seconds. This will start the reset procedure and the router will revert back to the state it was when first launched from the factory. Remember to use the default username and password to login for the first time after a factory reset.
- Another very common fail observed if your IP address is correct but web page is not loading is that there is improper network connectivity. Take off the ethernet cable from the router and check it on another device. If there are any network issues, contact your Internet Service Providers (ISP) for further support.
If all the above methods are still unable to be of your assistance, you may need to contact your ISP or router brand to get professional tech support.
GENERAL INFORMATION ON MODEL ROUTER
A router is an extremely widely used network hardware whose main function is to convert localized networks into Local Area Networks (LAN). A router acts as the main processing unit in a Wi-Fi, regulating all the information being exchanged through various devices in the form of data packets. In modern day technology, where the internet if ever present, routers play a very significant role in household networks as well as large office corporations.
SIMILAR ROUTER MODELS: