NWR04B Model Linksys Router
Router Model Login NWR04B
So now you have gotten yourself a Linksys NWR04B router. You can now officially boast how you are superior in terms of network speed to most others out there. But, as they say, with great connection comes greater security. But you would have to agree, with all the present technology advancements, hacking of privacy has become like a daily bad news headline. So, you would also agree that taking care of some of the day to day security measures is always a good idea, because, it is always better to be safe than sorry.
In order to get things started, you would first need to log into the gateway router account of your Linksys NWR04B device. To do so, follow these steps:
- Connect your Linksys NWR04B router to a mother device. It is preferred if you attempt a wired connection via an ethernet cable as it guarantees the connection to remain stable while the login and setup is being done, although, if you are feeling adventurous enough, you can always attempt to go for a wireless connection. After all, you only suffer once.
- Now, you need to go to the web browser page and enter 192.168.1.1 on the url search bar. Assuming, unlike me, you know how to copy and paste without messing up, you should now enter the Linksys NWR04B login portal.
- Enter the default login credentials as provided on the backside of your Linksys NWR04B router, or on the packaging it came in.
- Once you press enter, you will gain access to the Linksys NWR04B admin portal.
NWR04B Default IP Address
CHANGING THE PASSWORD
Now that you have entered the admin portal, what makes you think others cannot? The password is literally written in the router itself! So, what do you need to do? Obviously, you need to change the password. After all, you can never have too many passwords. Here are some tips you can follow to create your own password.
- Please note that you need to remember your password. You can obviously always have tons of special characters and create a really difficult password to crack, but if you cannot remember it and have to keep a sticky note on top of the router, it defeats the entire purpose of having a password in the first place. So, do not make your password "hgdafAAweer:][--o--]\;sas.@$#@hfd" unless, of course, you are the Michael Phelps of remembering stuffs.
- Not keeping a difficult password does not mean to make it something like "12345678".
- The best way to make a password is to make it on something you will never forget. Those make some of the best passwords.
We would highly suggest you not to copy the password from the examples, because come on, show some ingenuity. This is not your midterm exam, that you need to copy to pass.
NWR04B Default Logins
SOME MORE TIPS TO IMPROVE SECURITY
Changing the password is a crucial step in improving security, but it is obviously not all. You can never have enough security.
- Always enable network encryption by selecting WPA2-PSK encryption on your Linksys NWR04B router. It is the strongest form of encryption available for home-based networks.
- Remember to update firmware as they are the ones to serve as the first line of defense against outside malicious entries. Always enable auto update option in the admin panel. Also remember to check its update availability from time to time.
- Keep changing passwords continuously. This will give the hackers more work to do and that immense creativity of yours will also be put to good use.
- Try to change the SSID (username) as it is a good source of throwing off tracking systems. Some examples will now be provided for your assistance eg: King of Ping, Drop it like a Hotspot, Hogwarts hall of Wi-Fi, It burns when IP, Silence of the LAN, SuperThanksForAsking to name a few
FACTORY RESET NWR04B
In cases when all forms of recovery seam to be for not, and an immediate recovery seems to not be a possibility, do not panic. Always remember, where there is a will, there is a reset. In order to reset your router, you first need to locate the reset button on your Linksys NWR04B. Usually, it is located inside a hole to prevent others from pressing it involuntarily. Use a pin or any sharp object to hold down the button for about 10 seconds. This will start the reset procedure and the router will revert back to the state it was when first launched from the factory. Remember to use the default username and password to login for the first time after a factory reset.
Boosting your Network Speed
Although router does not act like magic and it is not possible to suddenly make a sloth-like Wi-Fi run like Usain Bolt, but there are a few ways to improve connection speed.
- Find the perfect spot to place your router. Yes, no, matter what they say, where you do it does matter. Place it on a place a little elevated, but not at the top of the roof. Avoid blocking the router against curtains and walls. It is meant to be seen, not hidden.
- Ensure to have a good wireless channel. It is not a hard and fast rule to always have an auto mode. You are more than welcome to find and use your own channel. It also avoids overlapping with other neighboring routers and helps increase network speed.
- Check the frequency of the router. Generally, a 2.4 GHz is used in most routers that can be pushed up to 5 GHz easily. However, if you are using grandpa's era system, it is always a wise choice to stick to the basics.
- In case some major bad boys are present in your LAN, like an ultra-modern gaming setup or a full plan Digi-TV, it is a a great idea to hook them up on a wireless ethernet port than on the router Wi-Fi. This immensely helps to improve speed. Anyways, its not like you are going to carry a TV on your head and move about all day.
- Try rebooting the Linksys NWR04B router on a regular basis. Try shutting of the guy once in a while, give it a good little rest for a minute and it is good to go. Trust me, it produces amazing results.
SIMILAR ROUTER MODELS: